Data missing in historical search

Dominik "Dodo" Dopplinger February 9, 2021

Hi there! :)

We're using a Jira Cloud instance with some custom configuration for our project. We have the issue that several tasks go from the status "Test by PO" back to "In Progress". As a good Scrum Master I want to get an overview over how many issue take that loop, but the JQL...

status changed from "Test by PO" to "In Progress"

...does not return any results.

I dug a bit deeper and the results I get for historical data are super-weird. I even search for a ticket that was changed yesterday and I didn't find it. Do you know what can be the source of this? I have attached some screenshots of example searches, our status and workflow workflow configuration and a screenshot of the recently changed ticket. I have attached some screenshots of example searches, our status and workflow workflow configuration and a screenshot of the recently changed ticket.

Screenshot_101.pngScreenshot_104.pngScreenshot_105.pngScreenshot_106.pngScreenshot_107.pngScreenshot_102.pngScreenshot_103.png

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2021

Hi @Dominik "Dodo" Dopplinger -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This may be caused by the open defect related to Status and the WAS operator for JQL...Until that is resolved, you could try a couple of work-arounds:

• Call the REST API to get the exact ID values of your statuses, and substitute those into the query for the names (e.g. "In progress" becomes 12345).  Use this REST API call to get the list of all your status values to find the ID numbers, replacing mysiteName with your own: mySiteName/rest/api/3/status

• Using automation rules, write a comment when an issue transitions back to "In Progress".  Please note this will only find the issues impacted after the rule is created.  The rule could be something like the one below.  Then you can search with JQL: project = myProject and comment ~ "Rejected by the PO"
  •  
    • Trigger: transition from "Test by PO" to "In Progress"
    • Action: add a comment "Rejected by the PO"

To learn more about automation rules, please look at this documentation and example library:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Automation-articles/Jira-Automation-all-the-resources-you-need-in-one-page/ba-p/1388465

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library#/label/all/1453

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events