Data from Web Page to JIRA Database? is this possible?

vittal kovuru June 27, 2017

Hi,

I have a web page where I collect all the information with regards to Service Request and click on Submit.  Now, this data should go and sit in the Jira Service Desk Project which I have created for Service Request.  All the fileds which are in Web Page and JIRA Service Desk Project are same.

I want my customer to use the webpage to submit a request instead of JIRA Service Desk Service Request form.  but at the backend JIRA admin will use the ticket to open and follow the process?  is this possible?

Also, I want to create a Page where all my JIRA Service Desk tickets are shown in the webpage 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2017

You'll need to write a little code to do this.  Your web pages will need to be able to use JIRA's REST API to create issues, and ask JIRA for issue information to display.

for this i need to know the fields in the database that I am using right?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2017

No.  Forget the database, you don't want to touch it.

You will need the names of the fields you want the REST call to fill in.  You can get those by just looking at the "create issue" screen.

Cool Thank you so much for the quick response.

Suggest an answer