Dashboard permissions

Auz July 7, 2016

I am able to make a public dashboard, but the information for the project I've included within it is blank unless you're logged in, defeating the purpose of it being "public" for signage/public report info. 

I went into permissions for my project and allowed "anyone" to view project issues, but then got an error that the permissions were incompatible with JIRA Service Desk. 

What should I do instead if I want to show issues from my Service Desk on my Dashboard to not-logged-in, public viewers? 

Thank you,

-Jon

1 answer

0 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2016

You can't expose these issues directly, that's for sure. Your permission scheme will prevent it every time. That's just how service desk works, and that makes absolute sense in nearly all situations. It's rather unusual to expose service desk requests this way.

A possibility would be to have a duplicate public project, and have that on your dashboard instead. Creating an issue in Service Desk would create a clone of that issue in your public project. You will need to sync statuses as well. That's all doable with the Clone+ plugin and custom post-functions. But that's quite a bit of work, and that's not possible on Cloud.

If I had to do this with Cloud, I would make a web page fed with a list of issues that match a specific filter. Using the REST api, that's totally doable. That's not the same as having that info on your dashboard, but it's something.

Suggest an answer