Dashboard gadget to display favorite boards

buchs December 12, 2017

Other than saving bookmarks in my browser to the boards I use most frequently, it is a pain to have to navigate the list to find them. Is there any built-in/add-on mechanism to mark a board as a "favorite" and have the list of such boards given on a dashboard (via a gadget)?

I'm looking at JIRA v7.2.8.

Thanks.

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2017

Go to "manage dashboards" on the dashboard menu, to get the various lists of the dashboards (mine, popular, search, etc).  Find the dashboards you want to save and look for the star to the left of them.

Click the star, it should turn from an empty grey star to a filled on.

Now click on Dashboards again.  As long as you've selected more than one favourite, there should be a column on the left with all your favourites listed so you can click through them.

buchs December 15, 2017

Thanks for the suggestion. I really don't see any stars. Including a screenshot. Even the triple dot menu on the right side only contains Configure and Copy.

screenshot.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2017

Arghh, I completely misread that.  I was talking about *dash*boards, not boards.

I'm sorry.  There's no "favourite boards" function in Jira.

Carolyn Moore October 31, 2018

This would be really helpful

Like Talarigo likes this
0 votes
buchs December 21, 2017

I could imagine developing a custom dashboard gadget to show favorite boards. I don't know if there is a way to write/read database entries tied to a particular user. Any suggestions on where to look?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2017

I'd start with the Atlassian SDK download, and build a skeleton add-on.

Your code will have access to the internals of Jira, and you'll want to use the Jira Software API to pull the data you need (you should not think about databases, do it all with the API)

Suggest an answer