Dashboard and Filter Administration

Lathrop [PSU] March 10, 2013

I'm looking for input on the best way to clean up and maintain dashboards and filters at the system level.

I'm currently using SU to login as the user and delete their dashboards and filters when I delete or inactivate them. Is there a better way to do this? Is it even worth trying to maintain these? Should I just make them private instead?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2013

Hi,

If you want to delete the filters and dashboards or you don't mind letting them private, a easy way would be to delete all the shared filters/dashboards (feature available since JIRA 4.4.1):
- Managing Shared Filters
- Managing Shared Dashboards

This way, all the shared items would be deleted, and the private ones remain private. Regarding if this is worth maintaining his or not, this would only depend in how you use JIRA and the need to delete it, as this shouldn't cause performance issues; just keep in mind that if you delete the filters/dashboards (especially filters), it is possible you may break filters or gadgets from other users.

Best regards,
Matheus Fernandes

Lathrop [PSU] March 11, 2013

Thank You for your help. Personally, it drives me bonkers to have things laying around that are not being used. I like things to be clean. Since it is not a performance issue and my team doesn't seem to think this is nessessary, we will not be pruning created dashboards and filters. Thanks again.

Suggest an answer