Dashboard Tools dropdown menu not displaying when clicked

Looking at a dashboard, clicking the tools cogwheel does nothing in Internet Explorer 9.

Works fine in Chrome and Firefox.

Using Production version 4.3.2.

Will test in dev environment to see if it persists in 5.1+.

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

You shouldn't face this issue in the latest JIRA releases (since JIRA 4.4.5) as the lastest releases force IE not to use the Compatibility View, which is what causes this issue. Also, setting the 'Browse Mode:' option in your browser to 'IE8' should fix this issue in your current instance - Press F12 to be able to view this option.

You can see the bug report created to address this here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-25793

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Matheus Fernandes

Going into compatibility view does solve this.

Looks like this will be the work around until we upgrade to 5.0+.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

189 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you