Dashboard Help

Dan (Daniel) Newman June 29, 2021

So I have been using queries to obtain data; similar to this.
statusCategoryChangedDate >= -8w AND status in (Closed, Done, Resolved) AND assignee in (userid)

I guess I am looking to obtain data for reporting purposes. Is there a way to obtain data for the start of a given week or month?

Example: * 

startofWeek(sunday) and statusCategoryChangedDate >= -7d AND status in (Closed, Done, Resolved) AND assignee in (userid)

startofMonth(06012021) and statusCategoryChangedDate >= -30d AND status in (Closed, Done, Resolved) AND assignee in (userid)

*I guess what I would tell you is I would like to start the results from a specific day or date; any help would be appreciated. 

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2021

Hi @Dan (Daniel) Newman 

No, not with out-of-the-box Jira.  The JQL may use absolute or relative dates, but it is not a SQL and so you cannot do that type of query.  There may be marketplace addons for purchase that support this.

You could try using startOfMonth(-1) to reflect things like last month, or startofWeek(-1) for last week.  Please look here for more details on those functions.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-functions/#Advancedsearchingfunctionsreference-startOfMonthstartOfMonth--

Best regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer