Dashboard Gadget - unable to add custom field to Filter Result gadget

Lisa Forstberg April 3, 2014

Clicking edit on my Filter Result gadget.

Finding my custom field in the drop down.

Clicking save - but nothing happens, the gadget stays in edit mode.

Removing the custom field and the gadget can save the change and go back to the filter screen.

I seem to be able to add some custom fields but not others, so my question is - should the field be in a specific Field Type in order to be displayed on the Filter Result gadget.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2014

Hi Lisa,

For filter results, custom fields should not be a specific type. I think the issue might be caused by the custom field configuration.

1. Try editing the configuration and making it "Global Context".

2. If it is already, check the field configuration for the project and make sure you can view the custom field within the issue itself. Sometimes even though you create the fields, because of the field configuration or screen schemes, they are not viewable in the issue.

3. If that is not the case, then I would disable and enable the add on from system administration and check the logs if there are any related errors from Support tools.

Hoe that helps,

Mehmet

Lisa Forstberg April 8, 2014

1. It is global context.

2. I can view the field on any other screens, issue navigator, issue detail screen etc. the problem seem just to be with the gadgets. Not only filter result gadget - other gadgets are not liking this subset of custom fields, but it seems like its related to my plugin so I'll try number 3.

Many thanks!

0 votes
Lisa Forstberg April 13, 2014

Indeed point number 3. The "problematic" fields were added by an inhouse plugin, where javascript error was preventing them from display on the dashboards.

Suggest an answer