Dashboard Gadget Using Project Category

Laura Casanta August 30, 2017

I'd like to build a dashboard gadget based on Issues created for projects in a specific project category.  I created a filter for project categories, but am not having any luck finding that filter in any of the available options for the dashboard gadgets.  How can I create a Two Dimentional Filter Statistics gadget using the project category filter?  I ultimately want my project cateory filter to be an option or my X or Y axis and it is not an option. 

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2017

Hi @Laura Casanta,

There is not a straightforward way to do this out of the box. What you might do to work around this, is create a create separate filters for each Project Category and instead of using a two dimensional filter statistics gadget, use e.g. pie charts (which offer a nice graphical representation of 1 dimension) for each category.

Whether this approach is suitable largely depends on the number of project categories you have and whether they remain somewhat stable. 

Laura Casanta August 30, 2017

I'll give it a shot, thank you for the reply and suggestion! 

Suggest an answer