Dashboard Filter

Nishant Rama October 3, 2016

Hi all,

I created around 4 filters for different items. I show these in a dashboard. However I want the account functionality in JIRA for my tickets to be editable so the dashboard has a global filter e.g. Account that way any user an just change the account name to the account they want. Is this possible? 

Regards

Nishant

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2016

Hi Nishant,

If I understand well what you are trying to do, you would like to have one user picker on your dashboard and have all the gadgets on your dashboard refresh when you select a different user. I'm afraid that is not possible.

However, if you are trying to achieve a generic Dashboard where every user has a view of the issues where he is the assignee, the reporter, ... that can be done pretty easily.

If you set up your JQL like this:

assignee = CurrentUser()

the Dashboard will return results for the user currently logged on into JIRA.

Hope that might help.

Nishant Rama October 3, 2016

Hi Walter,

what if I had a section called account? and used account instead of current user? where can I enter the JQL on the dashboard to make the entire dashboard filter based on my JQL? at my company we use JIRA for support ticket management and each support ticket has an account I want to be able to filter by account. 

Regards

Nishant

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2016

Hi Nishant,

I do not quite get what you mean by 'account'. If an account matches a username, than CurrentUser() is exactly the same thing. In that case you specify CurrentUser() in the JQL behind each individual gadget on your dashboard to represent the account. If the account you refer to is another concept (such as the organisation a user belongs to), then you won't be able to specify it on your dashboard dynamically, I'm afraid.

Suggest an answer