Dashboard - 2 Value Comparision/Rollup

Peter Oatley July 20, 2021

Hi All,

In my Jira project we capture two fields that we want to compare. The first is cost and the other is just a way to categorise the costs (Let's say for example 1.1, 1.2 etc).

In the project there may be 8 issues with the category of 1.1 and 7 issues with the category of 1.2 with various different cost values assigned to them.

Is there a way on the dashboard to display the total cost value of the 8 issues against the cost category they are assigned. E.g. The total cost for 1.1 is $XXX, 1.2 is $XXX, etc...

Please feel free to reply with any clarifications you may need.

1 answer

0 votes
Hyrum Steffensen _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2021

Hello Peter, 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Consider using a scripting solution as found on the Atlassian Marketplace. For example, in Power Scripts you could create a script that would run in the SIL Runner Gadget that would look like this:

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 11.57.34 PM.png

The script would look like the following. You could change up the jql to match whatever you'd like.

string jql = "1.1 is not EMPTY";
string [] issues = selectIssues(jql);

runnerLog("\nIssue 1.1 1.2");
for (string issue in issues) {
runnerLog(issue + " " + issue.customfield_11003 + " " + issue.customfield_11004);
}

Regards,

Hyrum

Due to Confluence Cloud security features, you may need to open the documentation posted in incognito mode or by logging out of Confluence.

Please note that I am a product engineer for Power Scripts and that I work for Anova Apps, an Appfire company.

Suggest an answer