Daily report on tickets created

Jacques Basson November 14, 2017

Morning,

Noob question again.

I am trying to run a daily report on what type of issues our service desk is getting.

Standard info I would like to retrieve is client details, components affected, team assigned to, and maybe 1 or 2 other custum fields.

So currently I can run a created vs resolved report, but that doesnt really help as the only values I can export in csv is limited.   Plus its not about resolved, my main topic is HOW Many calls we received, from which clients, what happened to these calls? Assigned, escalated?  How many were closed, what components where affected?  I also have a dropdown custom field called Reason For Call, would be good to add this field in the report.

I really cant find an easy way to report at the end of each day on how many calls we receievd with the details I need. 

The reason I need this is to start trend spotting a bit.  If I get 85 tickets today , the I would like to know which client logged the ticket, whats happening with it, what services affect, etc etc.  If I then get 68 tickets tomorrow, I want to run the same report for then and have similar details. 

Happy to get the mass details and then export to excel for data management if needed.

Please can someone help me with this?

1 answer

0 votes
Tyler Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2017

Hey Jacques,

You should be able search for all tickets that were created during the current day using createdDate >= startOfDay()

Hope this helps,

Tyler

Suggest an answer