Daily Scrum, Scrum Review and Scrum Retrospective events

DEEPAK BHATIA November 2, 2018

Hello,

I have created a sprint and assigned stories to it. Daily I move some stories  from To Do state to In Progress State and move some stores  from In Progress State to Done state.

How do I capture the daily scrum and at the end of the sprint, the Sprint Review and Retrospective in JIRA ?

Regards

Deepak Bhatia

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2018

Hi Deepak

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "capture" these events.

Generally, Scrum teams don't do anything with these events in relation to Jira. What they do is look at the available time for each team member (sometimes called their capacity) and this excludes the time that each person spends in meetings. So if your working day is 8 hours, you may by default use 6 hours per day, which takes account of all the meetings

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan Fish
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2018

@DEEPAK BHATIA

• The daily scrum includes the team discussing related work, you could use the scrum board itself to help them focus on whatever issues they are working on.  It represents the development work and impediments as issues and status. Developers can use attachments, comments, status, tasks, etc to illustrate what they completed, are working on, etc...
  • JIRA contains a bunch of reports (sprint, velocity, burndown, releases, etc) to help support a sprint review. It depends on your organization and audience on which are helpful to support developers showing what they accomplished, understand or are working on. Stakeholder and Product owner feedback can involve updating issues, new work for the product backlog, updates for acceptance criteria, etc.
  • Retrospectives shares some of the same reports as Sprint review. But, as you know, is focuses on team interactions and work from the sprint. You may capture the event by updating the definition of done and sprint ready, changing how the team goes about work, improved processes, interactions, and conversations as action items, tasks, etc 

Its a pretty large topic. Hope this helps

Ryan

0 votes
Andrea Ho
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2023

Hi @DEEPAK BHATIA  ,

Do you know if your Jira project is using a 'Team managed project'? (Have a look here if you're not sure What-are-team-managed-and-company-managed-projects

We have just released this as a feature for Jira cloud for Team managed projects for people who also have Confluence.

Now when you complete a sprint, you should see a checkbox that asks if you'd like to create a retrospective using Confluence using a template. 

If you try it out and have any questions about it, you can ask and tag me :)

Andrea

Suggest an answer