DR has left inconsistent state

Grant Fidler October 16, 2019

Hi guys.  A project to upgrade a 6.1 instance accidentally modified the schema on prod to 7.0 (but not the application code - someone forgot to update dbconfig.xml).  The prod database was restored to previous best position, but we now have 3 old issues which seemingly still exist outside the database, but not in it.  Consequently, the user who created the original issues (and still has them in his open issues) now sees different issues for 2 (i guess the issue numbers have been re-used) whilst the third says it cannot be opened and may have been deleted.

This all makes sense - i'm just wondering what the best way forward here is, in order to leave the application consistent etc.  Whether the issues can be removed completely / entered with dud data and closed or something else.

Grateful for any help anyone can offer - this isn't my system and I'm not particularly enjoying the experience!

Regards,

Grant

1 answer

0 votes
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2019

Hi @Grant Fidler , 

if you actually restored the database to its previous state, then all your data should be consistent as the issue data etc is only stored in the database.

Have you tried doing a full re-index ? This might only be a cache issue.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Thanks for the response, Alexis.  I have indeed run a full re-index, but when I look at 'All Issues' for this particular project, I see duplicated issue numbers for the 3 problem numbers - 1917,1918,1919 (we cloned one of them to see if that changed what the user saw).   I say duplicated numbers, as you can see below that the suibjects are different

jira.PNG

I might try restarting the services, if I can get some downtime.  

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2019

You should definitely not have duplicate key numbers, that's clearly not right.

What's the URL when you open MUREX-1919 (the TEST one and the Futures one) ?

Appreciate your time here Alexis, thank you.  The URL is the same:

http://jira.somedomain.com/browse/MUREX-1919

Both 1919 links bring up the 'TEST' data, indeed when I click on the Futures link (i.e. the one which the dB 'lost' post-restore), it just moves down to the 'TEST' one.  It's as though the link to 1919 remained post-restore, but the destination has now been replaced by new data.

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 16, 2019

I don't have any clues then. Did you do a background reindex or a lock one ? 

Alas.  Was a background one as system is live.

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 16, 2019

You might want to try and do a full locked reindex, if it's possible at some time outisde of working hours. Otherwise, I can't think of any other way to fix your issue.

Suggest an answer