DLP Plugin

Shabi Uziel April 16, 2017

Hi,

Does anyone know of a DLP (Data Loss Prevention) plugin for JIRA?

2 answers

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2020

Hi @Shabi Uziel / @Irum Ahmed 
I realise that this topic is over 3 years old but I thought I would point you at some of the solutions that are now available for DLP. 

The main one released on the marketplace is https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222035/nightfall-dlp-for-atlassian?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

There are other solutions out there that work outside of the Atlassian tools and provide your organisation with different levels of reporting so these are also worth looking at to see if you already have a service running within your organisation that could be extended to include the Atlassian tools. 

Phill

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2017

Possibly, but you need to define what you expect "Data loss prevention" to do.

Shabi Uziel April 16, 2017

I need to monitor what users are doing in my warehouse databases. I'm thinking of some kind of access control and notification system to warn me when my source code is being stolen under my nose

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 17, 2017

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  Code doesn't usually get stored in JIRA, but even if it is, then all you need to do is not let the theives in.  I'm not sure that there's any "add-on" that will do anything different from the core functions.

Shabi Uziel April 17, 2017

Hi Nic,

I Think I've made alitlle blunder. 

The company has a few data warehouses, and quite a few coders as well. What i'm looking for is a way to prevent data to leak from the company out - things like someone copying a sensitive piece of code and sending it to the competitors. I want to find a way to identify it, put it in some log that  I can view, and decide what to do with the action itself ( encrypt it, block it, issue a warning to someone etc..)

Irum Ahmed November 19, 2019

Hi - Has there been any update for a DLP solution?

Suggest an answer