Customizing "Close issue" screen

Leo Catallo July 9, 2013

Hi, I'm new to Jira administration and I am figuring out how project customization works.

I would like to have custom fieldsets on all my screens. I have created a screen scheme and created my own simple screen which I associated with the default entry for screen scheme.

It works, however, the close issue screen has the vanilla "log work" fields. Also, I can see that Screens area in Administration has "screen schemes" and "workflows" associated with each screen. And I can see taht there is a default "Resolve issue" screen which is associated with "Close issue" status of my custom workflow. Apparently - that is why I see the vanilla close issue screen. However, I can't seem to find a way to change this association.

Please tell how do I customize the "close issue" screen.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2013
Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2013

Agreed with @Jobin's suggestion. Create a new screen first (maybe call it Close Issue Screen) and then associate it with the Resolve Issue/Close Issue transition, based on the link that Jobin provided above. It should work for you.

Good luck! ;)

Suggest an answer