Customizing e-mail content w/ Cloud/OnDemand

Jace Proctor May 4, 2015

My team would like to customize the content of e-mails they get from JIRA; for example, when an issue is assigned to them they'd like to get the description in the e-mail, rather than simply the summary and the link to the JIRA issue.

I think this is possible with a server install of JIRA, by editing the template files, but I'm seeing that this is a restricted function in OnDemand JIRA.  I'm wondering if that's still the case (probably), and if so, are there any plugins or other creative ways to expand the e-mail content? 

1 answer

1 vote
Andre Borzzatto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2015

Hi Jace,

As of now, unfortunately, there's no way to customize the email template, as you mentioned, it falls under our Restricted Functions, which stills true at the moment.

There's also no plugins to enable this level os customisation, but we have an open request about a new feature to be developed that should address this matter consistently, so please keep an eye on it and comment if possible to let our developers know your thoughts about it.

Here it is:

I hope it helps!

Thanks!

Suggest an answer