Customizing create issue dialog on jira 5.1

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2012

Is it possible to render the create issue content on the page instead of a dialog?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2012

You can add some javascript in the announcement banner to remove the CSS class. Something like:

<script type="text/javascript">
AJS.$("#create_link").removeClass("create-issue");
</script>

Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2012

This working fine.

Similarly can we disable css for Create Issue from Issue Menu?

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2012

Try changing the id of the element and it should work.

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2012

Hi Jobin,

Could you please let me know the location and name of the page related to create issue funtionality?

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2012

Hi Jobin, I cannot use announcement banner for calling this javascipt. So i am looking for the exact page to call some Javascript calls along with your code. Could you please let me know the vm file associated with the create issue page? atlassian-jira-enterprise-4.4.5-standalone/atlassian-jira/secure/views/createissue-details.jsp in 445 version but in 5.x version it seems something got changed though this file is existing.

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2012

I don't know where exactly it is (I guess in some javascript now) but that will not help you because that screen is used only after you click on the create link. You will have to disable the CSS class prior to clicking on it.

The only other option is to hack into the javascript which work based on that CSS class. Must be in some JS files in core jira.

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2012

Atlassian support site is also upgrated with 5.2.1and i observed this Create issue screen opened on a page instead of a dialog. This means i believe this should be a configurable property in the version. Any ideas please?

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2013

Hi Jobin,

The above JS code which you had suggested is to render create-issue page on a page instead of a dialog. Is there a way to open the subtask-create operation on a page instead of a dialog?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2013

Do the modifiation of the bundled zip or database change as documented at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Disable+the+new+Issue+Creation+dialog+in+JIRA+5.0

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2013

Atlassian support site is customized with plugins to handle many customizations.

You can unzip the bundled-plugins.zip, remove the jira-quick-edit-plugin-1.0.54.jar from the file and rezip and place in the same location. Restart JIRA.

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2013

Renjit, I am actually waiting for the answer of my other recent post.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/120471/how-can-we-get-servletcontext-reference

Can you please share some ideas about it?

Suggest an answer