Customizing cards in boards

Thorbjørn Sundbøe December 20, 2019

I would like to see the key of all issues contained in an epic on the epic card on the board. When configuring the board, I can add fields under Card layout, but I don't see any field that would achieve this. I am currently displaying sub-tasks on the card, but I don\t see a way to display other issue types there.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Ling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2019

Hello @Thorbjørn Sundbøe 

I am fairly certain that this is not possible on the card layout. However, my idea is that you can configure your board to use swimlanes instead. If you go to Configure board -> Swimlanes you can set your swimlanes to be grouped by epics which means that all issues in every epic will be displayed inside each epic. 

If you only want to change the card layout, I can't really do anything, but I hope that this tip helped you!

Best regards,

Alexander

Thx, Alexander. That could work as an alternative. However, it seems that when I do it, sub-tasks within an epic are displayed in lane 'Issues without Epics', even though they are actually in an Epic.

Alexander Ling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2019

Hm, thats weird. When I sort my swimlanes on epics the subtasks goes below the task/story they are associated with. Can you screenshot what you are seeing?

Here it is:Annotation 2019-12-20 160532.png

Thorbjørn Sundbøe January 6, 2020

@Alexander Ling did you have the chance to look further into this?

Alexander Ling
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2020

Hello @Thorbjørn Sundbøe 

Sorry for the long wait, I've been away on vacation in the last weeks. However, I've just looked up your problem and it seems to be a bug in jira, see this link. 

I also found some solutions that said that the problem goes away when you don't use any quick filters (like only my issues) and similar. This is not a full solution to your problem but you can always check if it works. 

Best regards,

Alexander

Thorbjørn Sundbøe January 7, 2020

Thank you very much, @Alexander Ling. Based upon my previous experience with bugfixing by Atlassian, I am not very optimistic that they will fix it anytime soon. They don't really come across as very agile (paradoxically as it is).

Alexander Ling
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2020

Yes this seems to be an unfortunate issue for you and I wouldn't expect it to be fixed anytime soon. But if my answers gave you any sort of clarity, it would be really kind if you marked my answer as accepted :-)!

Have a nice day!

Like Thorbjørn Sundbøe likes this

Suggest an answer