Customizing Email Text - Jira User Invite

R A October 7, 2012

Hello,

I am trying to find the place/file to edit so that I can cutomise the emal sent to a user via "Invite user" for adding new users.

Please let me know how to achive that.

Regards,

RA

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
R A October 7, 2012

This might help - from David Toussaint ansewr

Email Templates (two times, HTML and Text) are found in the following dírectory:

<JIRA install>\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\email\

1 vote
Kate Spade December 10, 2020

Could anyone please guide if the invitation email text can be customized to have text specific to the organization?

1 vote
Gianni Pucciani January 22, 2014

Hello,

As far as I can see the template for the invitation email is not present there, and from my understanding customizing the user invitation email is not possible.

Please correct me if I am wrong! Thank you.

Regards,

Gianni

0 votes
JamesT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2016

Looks like "Invite Users" is handled by a plugin, and therefore can't be customized the way "Create Users" can.

BTW, if you're happy with using "Create Users" but don't understand Velocity Macro files (I don't!), you can customize part of the email by editing the "template.jira.user.created.intro" property in the following file (and then restarting JIRA):

&lt;JIRA install&gt;\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\com\atlassian\jira\web\action\JiraWebActionSupport.properties
Dmitry Rudko July 10, 2019

Hi, what about localization for that message ?

Where could I change native message text ?

Suggest an answer