Customized workflows by project administrator

Wipf_Markus May 3, 2016

On https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=paid-social&utm_campaign=jira-software_launch_n2n-competitors I found the message on the bottom of the page:

Choose a workflow, or make your own

Every team has a unique process for shipping software. Use an out-of-the-box workflow, or create one to match the way your team works.

For me this means a project administrator can create own workflows. But in JIRA documentation I cannot find if this is possible. Only system administrator role is mentioned.

Is there any plan to implement this feature or I simply cannot find it?

Many thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2016

I'm afraid you've misunderstood.  When it says "team", it means your whole team - all of you.  Not the individual teams within organisations, but the whole organisation.

It means that you can use one of several off-the-shelf addons, or get an administrator to work with individual teams in order to build workflows with them.

There is an additional option for JIRA Software users - an administrator can set a flag on a board to say "simplify the workflow".  This enables the board administrators to change the status in use in the workflow (add new ones, remove unwanted ones etc), but it does make the transitions and screens very simple

Suggest an answer