Customize the way sub task look in Main Task

Hi,

I have more than one sub task issue types in my main task. When i open my main i would be able to see all my sub tasks along with sub task issue type, can we customize the way that sub tasks display in main task?

Example: Open Main Task XX

Sub-Tasks

1. Subtask1 Bug

2. subtask2 new Feature

Currently it displays the issue type logo, but i want to see the issue type name like Bug,New Feature etc..

Your help is appreciated.

2 answers

Hello Govardan,

I think this should be possible using the same way as described in the documentation below:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/How+to+display+the+issue+type+name+in+issue+navigator+column+beside+the+image+icon

You just need to do some modification to your velocity files.

I hope that helps. :)

Hi Govardan,

I think you are looking at how to customise how the sub-tasks look in the Issue View screen, rather than the Issue Navigator, is that right?

If it is, you may want to look at the Jira KB

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=278072457

Currently we are using JIRA 5.2.11 and i am looking for sub-task look in the issue view screen. When i click on my parent issue, i see sub tasks under my parent but i do not see sub task issue type name. Could you please help?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

382 views 4 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you