Customize the way sub task look in Main Task

Govardan Krishna May 23, 2013

Hi,

I have more than one sub task issue types in my main task. When i open my main i would be able to see all my sub tasks along with sub task issue type, can we customize the way that sub tasks display in main task?

Example: Open Main Task XX

Sub-Tasks

1. Subtask1 Bug

2. subtask2 new Feature

Currently it displays the issue type logo, but i want to see the issue type name like Bug,New Feature etc..

Your help is appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2013

Hi Govardan,

I think you are looking at how to customise how the sub-tasks look in the Issue View screen, rather than the Issue Navigator, is that right?

If it is, you may want to look at the Jira KB

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=278072457

MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2013
Govardan Krishna May 27, 2013

Currently we are using JIRA 5.2.11 and i am looking for sub-task look in the issue view screen. When i click on my parent issue, i see sub tasks under my parent but i do not see sub task issue type name. Could you please help?

0 votes
AlaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 26, 2013

Hello Govardan,

I think this should be possible using the same way as described in the documentation below:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/How+to+display+the+issue+type+name+in+issue+navigator+column+beside+the+image+icon

You just need to do some modification to your velocity files.

I hope that helps. :)

Suggest an answer