Customize the view of the Active Sprint Board

Mark Grundman September 13, 2017

Is there a way to customize the view of the Active Sprint Board in Jira?

We currently use Story and Subtask as Issue Types and group the Swimlanes based on Stories.

The Active Sprint view shows the Subtasks grouped by Stories (which we like).  However, the Story is squished at the top of the list of Subtasks which makes it difficult to quickly see what's going on with a specific story.

I'd like to be able to customize the view to look something like the attached image.  Is this possible with Jira?  If not, does anyone know of an Add On that would add this type of flexibility?

Active Sprint.jpg

2 answers

1 vote
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2017

Hi Mark

If you stick with a Scrum Board, but set the Swimlanes to be based on Queries, you get what JJ is describing above. See the screenshot below. DS-176 is a parent with DS-179 as a child. DS-4 is a parent that is in a different column (status) with DS-189 as a child

Picture0003.jpg

Mark Grundman September 14, 2017

Thank you for the responses.  I've setup the Kanban board in the past for some of our teams.  

I do like the indent, it helps separate the "Story" from "Subtask" view a bit better but it's still not exactly what I'm looking for.

0 votes
DarkSideMilk September 13, 2017

I would maybe look at the Kanban board, as it looks slightly different.

You can group by a different parent such as epics or projects and then you'll have the task/story parent card on top with subtasks under it with a slight indent. 

Suggest an answer