Customize incoming email per Project

Andreas April 29, 2013

Hi all,

is it possiible to configure Jira per Project that we can disable the incoming email? The reason for that is, that in one of our projects we receive a bunch of out of office messages and this needs to be stopped.

Thanks for any advice on that and if you have some more questions please feel free to paste them here.

Cheers, Andreas

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AlaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2013

Hello Andreas,

As I understand from your question, you require to configure your mail handler so that the emails from those out of the office people will be ignored. If that's the case, then I think JIRA Enterprise Mail Handler (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.javahollic.jira.jemh-ui) can help you to configure this. As mentioned in their documentation (https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JEMH/JEMH+Home) you can blacklist those email with the Out Of Office subject.

I hope that helps to perform what you require.

Andreas May 1, 2013

Yes that was the plan to somehow ignore those messages. D you know if this is a plugin that can be used and installed on a ondemand installation? And can you tell me if this can be done also without such a plug in with the "normal" setup within Jira with the "Incoming Mail" configuration?

AlaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2013

I'm afraid that this plugin will not work on OnDemand installation. For the list of the OnDemand pluging you may refer to the link (https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=315326753#AtlassianOnDemandandAdd-ons(Plugins)-JIRA)

As for the configuration, I think this can be done by turning ON the "precedence: bulk" in your general configuration. After that, in you mail handler configuration, you can choose what to do with those emails which has the "Precendence: Bulk".

This configuration will add "Bulk" to the header of the emails sent from JIRA, so that when there is an autoresponse the message will be ignore or deleted.

I hope that helps. :)

0 votes
Andreas May 1, 2013

Well this would be my question. We would like to stop email coming in from people who are on vacation and setup a out of office notification during this time. We (and the Project Lead) can delete each of these comments seperatly but the question is if there is a way to stop getting all these notifications into the stream.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2013

Looks weird to me. Did you use the Bulk parameter that allows you to ignore such emails?

Suggest an answer