Customize create menu in jira

Latha July 19, 2015

Hi Support Team,

Could you please let me know is there any way to override create menu link. For example , I have a plugin page which should be linked to "Create" menu. Please let me know the steps.

2 answers

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2015

This a a user forum, not an avenue to Atlassian support, which is sounds like you want.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2015

I don't think you can do it without hacking the core code - creating an issue is pretty fundamental to JIRA.  

However, it is just an entry in a menu, so I think it's a properties file, not "hack java and recompile" job.  Of course, there are several ways to create an issue too, so if your aim is to replace the standard create process, you've got a bigger job of hacking than just a menu tweak.

Also, I wouldn't do it by replacing - I'd remove the create option and implement my own create button as a web-fragment.  That's a safer change than changing the target.

Suggest an answer