Customize components field in user portal

Matthijs Vanaarsen December 19, 2017

I did add the components with automatic assignees to the user portal.

I now can select multiple components in 1 ticket but I want to change this in to 1 dropdown where the user needs to choose one or the other component.

I can add components to the user portal but I can not find how to change the way these components are displayed. (radio buttons / dropdown etc). 

Pleae advise.

1 answer

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2017

Matthijs, 

This is not possible with the way that components work within JIRA. You can provide validators by means of plugins, but the basic functionality does not allow you to do this. 

If you want to go the plugins route, some people have found success with Scriptrunner or with JIRA Misc Workflow extensions. 

Please keep in mind that trying to change system fields is often not the best way to accomplish what you are trying to do. Perhaps you could leverage a single select list and the plugin "Automation for JIRA" instead? There are options to accomplish what you are looking for, I'm just not sure that changing the functionality of components i the best way to do it. 

Thanks, 

Kian

Suggest an answer