Customize JIRA Release Versions

Mary Wilson May 19, 2017

I have a request from my users to customize the 'fields' for the Release Versions in JIRA.  As far as I can tell is this is not possible.  The current options when you create a Version are:  Project, Name, Description, Start and Release Date.  They want to add a couple more options to that.  Is that possible?  If so, how would I go about it?

See the screen shot of what's available now.  Below is what where they'd like to customize.

ScreenShot001.jpg

2 answers

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2017

That requires coding, and I suspect it's coding in the system add-ons that make up the off-the-shelf JIRA, not something you can do with a simple add-on.

Mary Wilson May 19, 2017

Thanks, Nic!  :)

0 votes
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2017

Hi Mary,

if you want to have more control and options over your releases you need to use a full Release Management solution like Cycle Control. It can be used for single project + version releases as well as multiple team/versions/projects releases.
You can define your own custom fields, lifecycle and metrics.

Let me know if you need more information.

Cheers,
Peter T

Suggest an answer