Customize Dashboards

Joby John October 8, 2013

Hi All,

Am very new to the JIRA tool , can you help me out in configuring a new dashboard to recieve all unassigned tickets.

With help of with that i can find out the unassigned tickets in the system.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2013

First, define a filter that returns the list of all the issues you want (I suspect you can be as simple as "no assignee"). Save it with a sensible name, and you probably want to share it

Second, go to your dashboard, add a new one (share that too probably) and add the gadgets you need to it. I'd start with a simple one like the "filter statistics", because you can give that your filter and another field such as "project" and it will give you simple breakdowns. (For your filter and hte project field I suggested, it'll tell you how many unassigned issues there are per project, and the graphs will give you links to searches for each project). Then you can move on to other gadgets like "list of issues" or the "2d filter stats" (very powerful once you get a good understanding of it)

1 vote
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2013
0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2013

Hi Joby,

Please take a look at the documentation first, it should help you with understanding dashboards and how to use them, also take a look at how filters work and how you can use them in combination with your dashboard gadgets :

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Customizing+the+Dashboard

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer