Customising Fields and Workflow in JIRA on demand

Multi Insurer Group August 12, 2013

is there a simplified way of creating a custom field to be added to workflow steps? Each time i follow the steps my field is missing from the workflow. The customised field is a multi select search field that i need to put in place when transition from one step to another.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2013

I'm not entirely sure "custom field added to workflow step" really makes a lot of sense. Fields don't really have anything to do with workflows directly. You can refer to fields in conditions, workflows, validators and screens, which are then used in workflows, but even then, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "adding a field to a step", as those are all done in transitions, not steps.

Dan covered everything else I wanted to say.

0 votes
Dan Flint
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2013

Hi Teresa,

Have you created the screens to be used for each transition, including the fields you want to be updated?

When creating the custom fields you can select the screen they should be added to. Then edit the order they appear in, by configuring the screen.

To add a screen to a transition you need to edit the transtion and set the view to the screen you wish to use.

Hope this helps - if you have already carried out these steps could you elaborate on your issue a little more please.

Dan

Suggest an answer