Customers can not see their issues in JSD if they can't raise issues

Karol Jochelson June 8, 2017

I have JSD projects imported from old systems, I do not want customers to raise issues for these projects, but when I set the customer permissions "Who can raise requests?" to "Customers who are added to the project" then the customers can not see their existing issues in the projects. So firsty the description is incorrect as this setting is both for who can see as well as who can raise issues, secondly how can I achieve this? I do not want all my JSD projects to be visible on the Customer portal Raise Request page but I want the customers to have access to their issue in "My Requests". 

1 answer

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2017

When you imported did you set the CUstomer request type?  Because without that field populated issues are hidden.

Karol Jochelson June 8, 2017

Unfortunately there is no option to map Customer Request Types during import (would be nice to have). I am aware that issues don't show up in the customer portal if they do not have a request type (very poor design). So my issues do have the customer request type set but still they do not show up if permission is set to "Customers who are added to the project"

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2017

Yes agree, very annoying as I'm about to import issues into JSD and have to do a two step move.  Move, then bulk edit Customer request types and Organizations. 

So we had to use Extensions by Service Desk to restrict "raising" of issues to certain user groups, but it still allows everyone to see all the issues. 

Karol Jochelson June 9, 2017

Thank you for the Jira Extensions addon tip, will take a look at it. :)  

Karol Jochelson June 9, 2017

ps: We are importing 210 000 issues, so bulk edit after the import is going to be a nightmare. :( 

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 9, 2017

Ouch, I'm only importing 30,000

Suggest an answer