Customer user type in Jira free trial version

salih March 10, 2015

Hi, I am using free trial version of JIRA and could not find how to add a Customer User . Need your help. Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2015

Sorry Salih, you can only create Custoters if you are using Service Desk. Please check Users, groups and project roles for further information.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira 

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2015

Hi Salih,

As Paula has mentioned, the customer user type that doesn't consume a license belongs to JIRA Service Desk. If you'd like o take a look at JSD permissions, please take a look at this link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESK/JIRA+Service+Desk+permissions

Regarding users that count toward JIRA's license, I believe this page can also clear things a bit more for you: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+Get+a+List+of+Active+Users+Counting+Towards+the+JIRA+License

0 votes
salih March 10, 2015

Thanks Paula, Let me share below  the info that I have received from

Aaron/SUPPORT] [Customer Advocates] Product Information Request: salih@vikingturizm.com.tr [CA-117199].

Each time that I add a user at JIRA (I am not using Service Desk) , a Licence Usage is consumed. I want to add a Customer User type which does not consume a Licence usage

Thanks

• Customer:
    • No access to JIRA functionality
    • Access to email channel and customer portal for creating, tracking, commenting and adding attachments to their requests
      -> Customers do not consume JIRA Service Desk licenses or JIRA user licenses. 
0 votes
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
March 10, 2015

Hi Salih,

If you're trying to create an user on JIRA, please refer to Add users.
If you are trying yo create a customer on Service Desk, please refer to Managing customers.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira 

Suggest an answer