Customer support with Jira

Jenni Närhi June 7, 2016

Hello,

we are using JIRA for many things already at the moment, and now we are considering, if we should use it for customer support as well.The main criterias when choosing the customer support program will be better customer service and less hassle (ie. less email and better organized follow boards for the tasks!).

Therefore I would like to know, if it is possibleto do following in Jira

1) identify the customer when the customer support task/ form/ message is sent,  so that the tasks are automatically organized by customers,

2-3) identify the application/ solution this specified customer is using, and group the customers internally so that the task will automatically be forwarded to a right person in our technical support,

4) group the customers to different groups based on the service level they have chosen to use (eg. silver, gold, platinum, exclusive)? 

Also, is sending both internal and external messages from JIRA an option in Jira?

Thank you for your help in advance,

Jenni

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2016

Hello Jenni, 

it's a big decision, and I recommend. I'm JIRA SERVICE DESK lovers, but lemme try help you:

1) identify the customer when the customer support task/ form/ message is sent,  so that the tasks are automatically organized by customers,

Yes, it's possible. And you can setup custom fields to companies too if you want.

2-3) identify the application/ solution this specified customer is using, and group the customers internally so that the task will automatically be forwarded to a right person in our technical support,

Yeah, you should use components with some configurations. 

4) group the customers to different groups based on the service level they have chosen to use (eg. silver, gold, platinum, exclusive)? 

At the JIRA Cloud... I do not really know if this will work for you. You need do this:

1. Create a custom field like Group License and put the values: silver, gold, etc.
  2. And you can setup the SLA based on JQL... so it's ok
  3. But I can't remember an automation rule to setup that custom field - Group License - without human action. 

So you should test cloud with your requirements, and try the same at JIRA Server (this have a lot of plugins and add-ons).

To see the different between then... https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/pros-and-cons-of-cloud-vs-server-691011844.html

Best Regards,

Lameck.

Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2016

@Jenni Närhi, did it help you?

Suggest an answer