Customer sees organization that was removed?

Az May 24, 2018

Hello, 

We have a service-desk portal user that used to part of 2 organizations. Then, we decided this was uncessary and consolidated it to one organizations. 

If I go inside JIRA customers I only see one organization. However, when the user goes into the customer portal, they still see the option of checking requests from the other (removed) organization. How can this be?

How can I stop them from seeing this?

2 answers

0 votes
hkenny September 5, 2019

We're having this issue, but reindexing doesn't appear to have resolved it. Any other ideas?

0 votes
Henrique Bittencourt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2018

Hello Bz!

Let's try to understand a little better your situation.

The customers of this removed organization are able to see issues from a project that they should not since the organization has been removed from Jira site, or there is still an option to choose the already removed organization from Jira, through the Customer Portal?

According to the this Service Desk user's Article, deleting an organization does not delete the customers who are in it. The customers still exist on the Jira site, and have access to any projects for which they have the Customers role or access via another organization.

So this could be a permission issue.

Check out if those customers have the Customer role for a project that should not.

Az May 29, 2018

That's not quite the issue. It's like this. 

We have a customer name John for Project A. Project A originally had two organizations set with it: Organization ABC and Organization XYZ. John was part of BOTH of these organizations. 

We realized that Organization XYZ was redunant and removed it. However, when John goes into the portal, he's still able to see the names of both Organization ABC and XYZ. 

How can I get rid of XYZ from his view?

Henrique Bittencourt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2018

Thanks for the reply Bz!

Seems like when you're clicking on the Requests button in the Customer Portal you are still able to choose the removed Organization, that is right?

That is an unusual behavior indeed, but since the organization has been deleted from the JIRA site and it's still showing up in only in the Customer Portal, I'll suggest you performing a re-index to make sure all the indexes information are up-to-date.

you can follow this KB and perform a full-lock re-index to rebuild the indexes from scratch. Keep in mind that will lock Jira and prevent any users to log in until the end of the process.

Suggest an answer