Customer response SLA for issue type incident not working as expected

Rob Barry March 7, 2018

I have an Incident SLA setup that triggers when the Incident is placed into a status of Waiting on Customer with one of the 'stop' criteria as comment by customer. However if one of the service desk agents puts a comment update into the ticket prior to the actual customer providing an update this action marks the SLA as met? Does anyone know how to prevent agent updates being seen as a 'comment by customer? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2018

We run into this issue when an agent is also listed as a participant, that could be one thing to check. 

Another thing to check would be to see if the agents are listed in the service desk customer group. (spitballing here)

Rob Barry March 7, 2018

Hi Meg thank you for the swift response. Within each customer project my agents within an incident are recorded as both the reporter and the assignee within the incident ticket but are not included a participant. Within the project users they are setup using the project role of project administrators and not assigned the role of Service Desk Customers?

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2018

Are you able to attach a snip of your SLA rule?

Rob Barry March 7, 2018

SLA Capture.PNG

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2018

Reporter is customer in this scenario, so you're saying that your agent is the reporter, correct?

Select a non-agent name as the reporter. 

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2018

To clarify my response; users in the reporter and participant section (while working within help desk) are classified as customers for the purposes of SLA triggers. 

If your agent is present in the Reporter or Participant section, they will trigger 'customer' actions. 

Rob Barry March 7, 2018

Hi Meg

Really appreciate your help here as I have only been working with Jira Service desk for the past 6 weeks. I will run some tests based on your response and let you know how these go.

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2018

This was one issue that I just could not wrap my head around when we first implemented, so I'm really glad to hear that this may help you. 

Let me know how it goes!

Rob Barry March 7, 2018

Hi Meg - It worked your an absolute star! I had been struggling with this for the past day! I will update our ticketing process accordingly and all should now work correctly going forward. Kind regards Rob

Suggest an answer