Customer notification not sent on "Request resolved" in JIRA Service Desk project

Geir Jonsson November 4, 2016

In a Service Desk project - The "Request resolved" (attached screenshot) Customer Notification is not being sent to the customer when the issue is resolved.  "Request created", "Request Reopened" and "Public comment added" are sent fine for the same issues - but the customer does not get the notification when the Resolution is set.   

I have tried several times to disable/enable this notification.

Is this a know issue or anything I can check/fix? 

image2016-11-4 11:15:56.png

2 answers

0 votes
David Krall December 8, 2016

I have almost the exact same issue:

• We do have a Notification Scheme configured for our JIRA Project, and the users I want to receive the notifications are correctly configured in our Notification Scheme for all desired Event Types.
    • The users are contained in a multi user select custom field, but still should not matter.
    • I also have checked the users with the Notification Helper and it confirms they should receive notifications.
  • I have also verified we are not using Issue Security.
  • The Browse  Projects permission on our Permission Scheme includes Service Desk Customer - Portal Access.
  • The only thing that does not seem to jive is that notifications under Project settings.
    • It seems to have a different set of users that it sends notifications to and the users I previously assigned to the Notifications settings for the project are not included here.
    • When I send myself the test email it works, and my team does receive these notifications, but it seems like JIRA doesn't really see the custom defined notifications for our project.

Ideas?

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2016

Geir,

I am on cloud and have not seen this issue but I have not checked w/ my customers lately but will do so. Now when you are resolving an issue I assume you are transitioning using the "Resolve this issue" button? Was the notification previously working?

Suggest an answer