Customer emails do not create issues

Andreas Th. December 15, 2016

Hi,

We want to import customer emails from a file system to JIRA Service Desk. I set up the email handler, and in general, it works.

But it only imports those emails which customers have application access.

I tried to give the "create issue" permission to the whole customer group. But then I get an error message:

16-12-_2016_07-55-15.png

Does every customer need application access? But then he would need a license. That's not what it is supposed to do, right?

Thanks for your help.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andreas Th. December 21, 2016

Hi

I opened a ticket about this topic at the support. They wrote:

Basically, Service Desk mail handlers are different from regular mail handlers. For a Service Desk project, you have to use the Service Desk mail handler. Unfortunately, Service DEsk mail handler only supports a proper email account. It's not able to read emails from file system. JSD-4166 has been raised to address this. This being said, if you would like to create requests via file system for a Service Desk project, it's not possible at the moment.

Somehow, this is very disappointening.

0 votes
Aaron Andrade December 21, 2016

I have the exact same configurations and issue.  Because we don't utilize any of the email protocols provided by Service Desk (i.e. POP, IMAP), we use JEMH to create and comment issues via email.   We are upgrading from 2.5.6 to 3.2.6.  In 2.5.6 non-applicant users are able to create issues, but the agents have this annoying error at all times.  With Andreas comment I'm concerned that not only will we have the error, but we won't have functionality for non-application users.  I am not quite there testing as I'm just working on permission schemes.

0 votes
Andreas Th. December 15, 2016

I have permissions for Project Roles:

• Administrators
  • Service Desk Team
  • Service Desk Customers 

In the "Users and roles" setting I assigned a group "Customers" to the project role "Service Desk Customers". And the group "Customers" is given automaticaly to every user that I imported with LDAP.

0 votes
Alex Suslin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2016

Have your permission scheme contains permission 'Create Issues' for anonymous?

Suggest an answer