Customer comment via email

RAMROD November 14, 2017

How to enable the customer to comment back by replying to the email they received from Jira? Currently agents can do that on ServcieDesk but not customers?

3 answers

0 votes
Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2017

Mail Handler do not work in Jira Service Desk projects as in Jira Projects. You have to activate email requests in project settings.

Before you start.PNG

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/receiving-requests-by-email-747602718.html

Please accept the answer so it can help others.

RAMROD November 15, 2017

Okay I enabled the ticket request and still 

This is an automated email from the issue creation service at "https://deltaapparel.atlassian.net".

An error was encountered whilst handling messages from the mail server “POP Mail Server” using the handler “class com.atlassian.jira.plugins.mail.handlers.FullCommentHandler”.

The error was: ------------------------ "User ‘Delta Test’ does not have permission to comment on an issue in project ‘10100’. "

The error and the email that caused the error are attached to this email.

If this is a recurring problem, you may wish to contact a system administrator to check the parameters of your mail fetching service:

— This message was sent by Atlassian Jira (v${build.version}#${build.currentBuildNumber})

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2017

Have you deleted the mail handler for the Jira Service Desk project?

If all the permissions are fine and also the Email Requests is active and working, then you shouldn't have problems (I have tried just in case I was forgetting something).

I hope it works!

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2017

Check that the mail configured for the request type is configured correctly too.

RAMROD November 15, 2017

I did nothing there. 

Also I just tried to change the cloud email name to match the request email channel and now I don't received an error but I don't received anything else. 

So now both the incoming setup and the email request has the same channel email. But now I don't even receive an error. 

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2017

And the comments are not added yet? Try to send a mail with an agent to see what happens in a test issue

RAMROD November 15, 2017

See sending a test from an agent was working regardless. Even before I turned on the email request. 

It wasn't working for the Customer only. 

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2017

I asked you because if you have deleted the mail handler and turned on the project settings, then if it works for agents it must work for customers too.

RAMROD November 15, 2017

I had to delete all the setting and re do everything again and now it works. Thanks. 

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2017

Glad to hear it

0 votes
RAMROD November 14, 2017

Still need an answer

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2017
RAMROD November 14, 2017

that is not helpful there are no instruction on what needs to be turned on. 

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2017

I can only think that the permission scheme do not allow Service Desk customers to add comments (or a property in the status doing the same).

If everything is configured correctly you shouldn't have any error.

Check this and tell us, please.

RAMROD November 15, 2017

I did check the Schema has Service Desk Customer under the Comment permission. 

However this is the error I receive

This is an automated email from the issue creation service at "https://deltaapparel.atlassian.net".

An error was encountered whilst handling messages from the mail server “POP Mail Server” using the handler “class com.atlassian.jira.plugins.mail.handlers.FullCommentHandler”.

The error was: ------------------------ "User ‘Delta Test’ does not have permission to comment on an issue in project ‘10100’. "

The error and the email that caused the error are attached to this email.

If this is a recurring problem, you may wish to contact a system administrator to check the parameters of your mail fetching service:

— This message was sent by Atlassian Jira (v${build.version}#${build.currentBuildNumber})

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2017

The customers can create issues via mail?

Are you using the system Mail handler and not the "Email request" in project settings? (see below)

channel request.PNG

RAMROD November 15, 2017

No I have this feature off.

Yes using Cloud mail handler 

Suggest an answer