Customer can't select an user at approver field on service desk

Leonardo Zeferino March 21, 2017

Hi!

I created a service desk request in my plataform and insert the 'approval field' as "show" to customer select what user needs to approve.

As I'm administrator, I can select an user in this approval field. But the customer user is not allowed to select any user. Do you know why?

What can I set to costumer select an user in approval field of service desk request?

image2017-3-21 18:7:13.png

As costumer user I can't select an user as approver.

image2017-3-21 18:7:54.png

As administrator I can select an user as approver.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

13 votes
Answer accepted
Gerry Tan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2017

You need to configure request sharing to "Any customer or organization, by searching this project. Choose this option to allow customers to search their organization for approvers":

image2017-3-29 10:53:8.png

Gabriel Jost May 11, 2018

Hi,

I had (basically have) the same problem as Leonardo.

Unfortunately, when selecting the "...Choose this option to allow customers to search their organization for approvers"-option the Approvers field shows all available users matching the input. Including the ones from organisations the current user is not member of, or users who are not in any organisation in Jira Service Desk at all.

I don't know what was the thinking behind this configuration "feature". But as we have quite a lot of companies as customers, it is totally not acceptable that any "customer" can see any other customer (including their email addresses) just by typing a single letter in the approvers field.

Creating separate JSD projects for each customer isn't an option neither. In the end, what is the concept of a "organisation" and "customer" good for, if it can only be used for sharing issues.

Is there a way to achieve customer-selectable approvers (of their own organisation only)?

Thanks a lot in advance and kind regards!

Like # people like this
barronkid October 22, 2019

Woah there ... my project has "any customer or organization, by searching this project" ENABLED.  Still, (end user) customers without service desk licenses have ZERO content populating this field on the Service Desk form.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer