Customer can no longer see their requests after being moved to Dev Scrum Board

Daniel Chesla May 4, 2017

We are currently using cloud based JIRA and Service Desk.

We created multiple Service Desks to have different permissions for different request types (ie. anybody can report a bug, only content teams have access to submit a content change, only network teams can request a DNS change, etc)

For 90% of the requests, they get resolved right from the Service Desk.

For the other 10%, they need to be moved to the backlog on one of the Development teams boards, so that they can be prioritized and working into an upcoming sprint.  

We recently started receiving reports from customers that their requests were "disappearing".  Sure enough, we tested it out, and as soon as the ticket was moved to the developer board, it could no longer be viewed via the customer portal.  

I have contacted Atlassian support, and was told that once a ticket is moved, it is no longer considered a service desk ticket, and is no longer accessable from the service desk.  I haven't received anything even remotely close to an acceptable solution or work around.

We need some way of getting the ticket (or a ticket) to the developers Scrum board, yet still have the customer be aware of what is going on 

1 answer

1 vote
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2017

Hey Daniel, 

Why not simply create a linked issue

From your JIRA Service Desk ticket, type "." and then "create linked issue". This will create an issue that will be linked to the ticket, and you can move the issue in the dev board without make the ticket disappear for the customer !
And thanks to automation tool, you can set up rules like "if linked issue is in progress , then ticket status change to "in progress" ", this kind of stuff.. I think it's how a lot of Atlassian user do to move issues in their boards. 

Hope it helps ! 

Suggest an answer