Customer access

Sol Gheggi April 12, 2016

Hi, we're looking forward to give access to customers soon. We want them to create a ticket or incident. How can we achieve the goal? Is necessary to pay for the user or is any user for this purpose for free? We will appreciate if you can tell us which app could help.
Thanks a lot,

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2016

If you just have JIRA Software, then they will need at least JIRA Core accounts to be able to raise issues.

If you have Service Desk as well, then you'll be able to set them up as "customers", which do not require a licence, but have a very simplified self-service interface.

Sol Gheggi April 13, 2016

Sorry, I don't know if I understood well. We already have JIRA Software, if we pay for JIRA Service Desk, will we be able to create users as customers so they can create their own ticket support? We want to provide a support platform with SLA and case history.

Sol Gheggi April 13, 2016

Sorry, I don't know if I understood well. We already have JIRA Software, if we pay for JIRA Service Desk, will we be able to create users as customers so they can create their own ticket support? We want to provide a support platform with SLA and case history.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2016

Yes, that's what Service Desk does, you've understood it perfectly.

Suggest an answer