Customer Portal - Font White on White Background - Solved

David Nitschke October 5, 2017

I am an administrator of our Jira Service Desk site and need help changing the format of text on the customer portal.  Ever since our Service Desk was moved to the Atlassian Connect framework, some text on our Customer Portal is now white, the same as the white background color, so you can't see it. 

Only with everything selected, all the content gets a blue background, and then you can see the white text that is otherwise hidden.

We need to change the font color from white to some default blue or black color so users can see the links and form titles.  I cannot figure out how to edit the page.

I followed the steps in this Configuring-the-customer-portal Article by clicking "Customer channels" in the left nav and then I get a pop-up that shows the customer portal URL and a link to "View the portal" and a few other unrelated things.   When I click "View the portal" I am given a "preview" of the portal page with the white text on white background, but still no link or button to edit the page.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
David Nitschke October 6, 2017

Ok, I figured it out. We're actually using a project portal for all projects, so I have to go up one level, under Project Settings, and select Portal Settings. From there, near the top under "Portal Settings - Look and Feel" I clicked on the "View and customize" link. That took me to the main Customer Portals page with the Customize section on the right side. There, near the bottom, is a color selector for "Banner background, link, and button color." This was set to white which doesn't make sense for links to be the same color as the background, but changing this to a dark blue solved the issue.
Hope this helps anyone who is having a similar problem.

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2017

Hi David,

Thanks for posting your solution.  If you want to add an Answer and then include your solution we can better mark this issue with an accepted answer.

David Nitschke October 6, 2017

Will do!

Suggest an answer