Customer Panel - change of passive field on active

Jolanta Konieczna May 21, 2021

Hello,

Is there any possibility to configure the field "State" from Workflow which is visible on the Customer Panel?
Change from passive to active on Customer Portal.

I want that this field will be active and customers will have the possibility to change the value in this field to move on with the flow of the ticket.

image.png

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Jolanta Konieczna

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2021

Status is not a field, it is a display of where an issue is in its workflow.

If you want to change the status, your workflow needs to have a transtion from the current status to the new status (think of a simple flowchart - each box is a status, and the transitions are the arrows between them.  No arrow from the current status to the one you want = no option to change the status)

Note that the workflow applies to the issue behind the request, not the request itself.  By default, the customers do not get to use the transitions to change status, you have to actively tell the portal "customer can use this transition".

In short, take a look at your workflows, you probably need to enable something on your transitions.

Jolanta Konieczna May 21, 2021

Yes, I have all the configuration you are writing about. But isn't solve my problem.

The client on his site view can see the current value of the state, but cannot change this value. In this case, cannot make the transition from DONE to REOPENED.
Rules for transition don't make that this field became active.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2021

Let's narrow this down a bit.

Is your client looking at the request (in the helpdesk portal) or at the issue (in a Jira project or on a board)?

Jolanta Konieczna May 23, 2021

I have the answer for my problem:

The Team-managed service project don't have available option "Customer transitions".
It's marked as a "COMING SOON". But the Task for it is not ready yet. Is still open... since 19/Jun/2019 :(

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-8212

Suggest an answer