Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Customer Panel - change of passive field on active Edited

Hello,

Is there any possibility to configure the field "State" from Workflow which is visible on the Customer Panel?
Change from passive to active on Customer Portal.

I want that this field will be active and customers will have the possibility to change the value in this field to move on with the flow of the ticket.

image.png

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Jolanta Konieczna

1 answer

0 votes

Status is not a field, it is a display of where an issue is in its workflow.

If you want to change the status, your workflow needs to have a transtion from the current status to the new status (think of a simple flowchart - each box is a status, and the transitions are the arrows between them.  No arrow from the current status to the one you want = no option to change the status)

Note that the workflow applies to the issue behind the request, not the request itself.  By default, the customers do not get to use the transitions to change status, you have to actively tell the portal "customer can use this transition".

In short, take a look at your workflows, you probably need to enable something on your transitions.

Yes, I have all the configuration you are writing about. But isn't solve my problem.

The client on his site view can see the current value of the state, but cannot change this value. In this case, cannot make the transition from DONE to REOPENED.
Rules for transition don't make that this field became active.

Let's narrow this down a bit.

Is your client looking at the request (in the helpdesk portal) or at the issue (in a Jira project or on a board)?

I have the answer for my problem:

The Team-managed service project don't have available option "Customer transitions".
It's marked as a "COMING SOON". But the Task for it is not ready yet. Is still open... since 19/Jun/2019 :(

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-8212

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you