Custom workflow

Vinodini Pai February 25, 2014

I am trying to implement a workflow for issuetype bug and another workflow for issuetype requirement. Requirement is a custom issue type. I have created separate workflow and workflow schemes for both the issue types. However, when I try to switch scheme, I have to map statuses for both issue types, which is messing up my workflows. Help?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2014

Sounds like you are not quite getting how the schemes work.

• You need a workflow for bugs
  • You need a workflow for requirements
  • You need ONE workflow scheme to tie them together in a project (the scheme says "use workflow x for issuetype 1, y for 2, z for 3" etc)
  • When you change a project from one scheme to another, Jira will look at the status in the old workflow for each issue and if you have removed it from the new workflow, it requires you to map the status.

I suspect the mistake you are making is that you've got your project set to use one scheme and you're moving the whole lot to another scheme. Rather than having a single scheme with two separate workflows in it.

Ok, so if i understand the steps above, this is what I need to do:

- Create a workflow for issue type bug

- Create a workflow for issue type requirements

- Create one workflow scheme and assign bug and requirement workflow with this scheme

- On the Switch Scheme page, associate the old status with the new status on the bug workflow and do the same for the requirement workflow

Please confirm...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2014

Yes. That is right.

0 votes

Ok, so if i understand the steps above, this is what I need to do:

- Create a workflow for issue type bug

- Create a workflow for issue type requirements

- Create one workflow scheme and assign bug and requirement workflow with this scheme

- On the Switch Scheme page, associate the old status with the new status on the bug workflow and do the same for the requirement workflow

Please confirm...

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 25, 2014

If you are migrating both issueTypes to a new workflow then you would need to migrate both of them

Suggest an answer