Custom workflow status - Customer does not receive email with comments

Nicholas Breaden January 9, 2017

Hi All,

I have modified my workflow to include several statuses, such as 'on hold' and 'awaiting vendor'.

Statuses are global and have no transitions.

When these are applied to a ticket the SLA is paused.

When I comment on a ticket that is set with one of these custom statuses, the customer does not receive an email - I need the customer to receive the email notification.

I have looked through what info I can find, but the amount of info is a bit overwhelming.

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction to resolve.

Thanks in advance, 

Nick

1 answer

0 votes
Leonard Chew
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2017

It is not fully clear to me what your exact problem is, but you can try this:

1. Check your email settings (press "gg" and select "Outgoing Mail"). Emailing must be enabled.
  2. Go to Notification Schemes and click "Notifications" on the scheme of your affected project.
    notifications.png
  3. Check the settings of "Issue Commented". This triggers emails when a comment is added. This setting is not related to statuses.
    issueCommented.png
  4. If you want an email to be sent when a status changes, you can add the generic event in the workflow transistion of the status and configure you mailing setting of "Generic Event".

Suggest an answer