Custom workflow, can't set "resolved", issues don't get crossed out

Michael Keil December 20, 2012

Hi,

i'm quite confused and hoping for some helping ideas. The documentation doesn't provide a lot of help.

I set up a coustom workflow, which has a second final step, besides "closed".

Let's call it "irrelevant". The transition to this step sets the resolution-field via a automatic post-funtions.

I want this "irrelevant" issues to be shown crossed out.

Basically the same as the "Closed" or "Resolved" steps.

Does anyone know how to achieve this?

THX, and happy holidays

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2012

i've experienced some equal questions in my company too...

some users really got confused about States and Resolutions.

like Nic said...

if the resolution field has a value, the issue-key becomes struck out.

remember when hit "close issue" or "resolve issue" in the default workflow you will be asked to set a resolution.

maybe transitioning an issue in a State called "irrelevant" is not as good as resolving or closing it with selection "irrelevant" as a resolution hmm?

if you need this issues in that state, make sure your postfunctions contain "The Resolution of the issue will be set to $yourChoice"

and also check if there is no following postfunction that will clear your resolution field

That's how wie did it before. Unfortunaltey he Dev-team didn't like it.

0 votes
Michael Keil January 5, 2013

Ok, now i got it. There wa sa postfuncion that cleared out the resolution field. ....

0 votes
dleng
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2012

For the Resolution field, having any other value other than Unresolved would actually mean that its resolved. (At least, thats how JIRA sees it) Bear this in mind when creating custom resolutions.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2012

Er, exactly as you've done. If the resolution field is set to something as you enter "irrelevant", then the issues will be struck out.

Note that the status is utterly irrelevant to the question here - it really is just the resolution field that matters.

Hi Nic,

frankly, that is what i've read in the documention. It's not working, though.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2012

"It's not working" is not really helpful. What part is not working?

Is the strikeout not appearing on issues that have a resolution at all? Can you look at an issue and tell us what the resolution is and whether it's struck out? Are there issues showing struck out and others that are not, and if so, what's the difference between them? What does the issue history tell you about resolution changes?

You're right,

i added 2 screenshots. is showing the Workflow, the 2nd is showing an issue with the resolution "irrelevant". I must missing something. But what ....

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2012

Ok, that looks fine. What does the issue look like where it should be struck out?

Suggest an answer