Custom value in select field based on customer request type

Erik Ekengren May 22, 2020

My goal is to create an easy way to register Jira tickets when a new server should be created. I would like to pre-populate the fields based on which type of customer request type the user choose. For example, I have 2 different customer request types:

Linux server

Windows server

Then I have some custom fields (select list) that should have a different default value based on what the user choose. If the user choose Linux the value should be 2GB and if the user choose Windows it should be 4GB. The user should still be able to choose whatever they want but the default should vary depend on Linux or Windows choice.

The problem I am facing is that it seems like it is only possible to have 1 default value per Jiraproject. Is there any way around this issue? I have scriptrunner add-on but is not that skilled with creating scripts.

1 answer

0 votes
Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2020

Scripting would be the mostly likely answer, either using behaviors in scriptrunner, or live fields in powerscripts.

You might be able to do something with Issue Templates for Jira, though until recently there was limited support for the service desk portal. I think that changed recently. so you may have more options. I haven't tried out the new features yet

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211044/issue-templates-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

Erik Ekengren May 25, 2020

Thank you for the answer. I am trying not to use more plugins than I already have but this seems like it may not be able to do then. I think I will have to stick to creating multiple custom fields and present them on different customer request types then. I was hoping to keep the custom fields to the minimum but the way Jira is designed it seems hard, if not impossible, to do that.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events