Custom templates for content on new issues in JIRA Software (Cloud)

Victor Nellemann October 13, 2015

Hi,

We are looking into making the move over to JIRA Cloud, but are missing the option to set up predefined content templates in the issue desciption field, like headers and so, in order to create uniformity and a higher standard in our issues.

Last time I worked in JIRA some years back, we had this setup, and since then we have worked with this in TFS, which helped us greatly creating this uniformity and standard while also saving time in this process.

Is this possible in JIRA cloud, and if not, what is the plans for introducing a setup and a editor for  doing it?

Kind regards,
Victor Nellemann

2 answers

4 votes
Victor Nellemann October 14, 2015

Hi Robert,

Though it would probably be the next tool i would resort to, it doesn't really fill our need very well, since what we really need is auto filled content, that will appear in the description field every time we create a new task. 

It could be content like below for a bug: 

Issue description:

Reporter in the organisation:

Steps to reproduce

Actual result:

Expected result:

or something like this for a new User Story:

As a

I want

so that

Acceptance criteria:
Given

When

Then

Best regards,
Victor

Martin Gleria December 13, 2018

I know this is old, but I can't find the way to accomplish what you are requesting @Victor Nelleman. Could you solve it?

Like Alfredo Mezquita likes this
Becky April 17, 2019

@Victor Nelleman I'm also looking for something similar. Were you able to solve this?

0 votes
Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2015

I think that you can use required custom fields for this purpose: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/adding-a-custom-field-185729521.html

Lead your people into adding what must be added to issues by making fields that MUST be filled in on issues. This is about the same as creating a template that people must follow.

I hope this helps.

Matthew Taylor February 1, 2019

A custom field is not going to solve the template need. There is a reason people need the ticket content in specific formats.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer