Custom table type field

srinivasa_pudi October 27, 2014

I have a specific requirement that, We need to store and display the values in a tabular manner. 

requirement is Table should have 2 columns 1) Date and time 2) Description

1) Date and Time – Need to fill automatically to current time when ever there is an entry for description.

Kindly let me know if you have any solution for this kind of requirement.

I found table grid editor plugin, But that does not support date-time and auto set to current date-time.

2 answers

0 votes
Alexej Geldt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2014

you will propably need following components:

1. a custom field that is able to take tabular data. There are plenty of ways to do this. One possible solution would be to store the tabular data as string in a serialized map. 
    You could extend AbstractSingleFieldType<String> or StringCFType.
    You would need to implement converters which should serialize/desirialize the values from string to map representation and vice-versa.

Examples

public static byte[] serialize(final Object object) throws IOException {

final ByteArrayOutputStream byteOut = new ByteArrayOutputStream();

final ObjectOutputStream oOut = new ObjectOutputStream(byteOut);

oOut.writeObject(object);

return DatatypeConverter.printBase64Binary(byteOut.toByteArray());

}

2. IssueListener which is listening on ISSUE_UPDATED event. Whenever somebody updates description on some issue, that listener would go ahead and set the values for your custom field.
    check: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Writing+JIRA+Event+Listeners+with+the+atlassian-event+Library

0 votes
Alexej Geldt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2014

there is already a plugin for doing this.

Consider if buying iDalko Table Grid is an option for your customers.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.idalko.jira.plugins.igrid

edit: excuse me, just noticed that you already checked it.

Suggest an answer