Custom reports in Jira On Demand version

Operations Superviso Jira 2 November 26, 2013

Hi,

I am evaluating the use of the Jira On Demand version for our Company and I can't find where to custom the reports because the available ones don't match our needs. We would need also to export them to PDF. Are these funcionalities available?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Operations Superviso Jira 2 November 27, 2013

Thanks to both of you for your reply.

I have been reviewing the Reports available on OnDemand and I don't think that they are flexible and I am really surprised about this lack of customization available for reports on this OnDemand version. I am evaluationg OnDemand different software so I am not interested in other versions.

Thanks

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2013

it seems export to PDF option not avilble in ondemand jira where as it can be done on installed version of jira through third party plugins

check this doc for more info about gererating reports on ondemand jira

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Generating+Reports

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2013

It depends on what you mean by "customise reports". Jira has some built into it and they can be quite flexible on their configuration. But if they don't meet your needs, then you're stuck on OnDemand because you can't add new plugins to provide new reports or change the existing ones outside the parameters they already present.

Your option is to move to a Jira that can support more plugins for reporting, wait for more reporting to become available in Connect, or write something that can use REST to extract the reports from Jira for you.

Aamer Inam: M-3521 January 21, 2015

does it mean on jira cloud we can not really customize ? or there is a way

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2015

Cloud allows some customisations, but nothing that would allow a user to move JIRA into a state where the support team would be unhappy to support the changes - this means no code changes to the core, a limited set of addons available and some of the more advanced configuration functions are locked down. You *can* customise it. But not a huge amount. The question really becomes "what do you want to customise" - then we can tell you how flexible Cloud is for you.

Aamer Inam: M-3521 January 21, 2015

e.g If I wanna to track that planned effort of the entire sprints was say 3000 man hours and actual effort is 5000 and I could calculate schedule variance Sprint wise or project wise, in a time sheet report I could integrate my time punch system entries and can calculate difference with actual time spent on Jira cloud. Our goal is to extract these reports because we are partly agile and you may call it Agile Fall or Water Agile may be. Regards Aamer

Suggest an answer