Custom project panel - Available only to Admin

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2013

Hi

Created a tab under project admin.

Now the issue is this tab is available only to administrator role, I would like to extend it to project lead. I have added project lead role to administrators in permission scheme.

When I click on the tab, I am presented a login screen. If enter administrator I am able to look at the tab contents, however if I enter project lead it stays on login screen.

Any idea how to resolve this?

Thanks

Abe

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2013

You should add project lead also to the admin role, and not under Administer project permission, if you are using the role in the permission check.

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2013

Thanks

1. If I add project lead to admin role, then not only they see their projects, but also other projects, this should not be the case. Per your statement my understanding is that you wanted to add every user in the project lead role to jira-administrators group. ( I do not see an option to add project lead role to jira-administrators, as there is no specific group in JIRA which is called project-leads)

2. I am looking my tab to behave like components tab. I did not explicitly put any permission check on the tab. Where should I be putting permission check if I want to explicitly add permission.

Please let me know.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2013

I meant the project admin role, not JIRA admin.

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 1, 2013

I added the project lead to administrator (Went to Project->Administration->Roles added project lead in Administrators role), I still not not able to access contents of tab..

0 votes
AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2013
Hello Daniel

Here is the code: If you need more I can send it private (jiraabraham@gmail.com)

atlassian-plugin.xml
<module-type key="my-tabpanel" class="com.mycomp.consulting.plugin.subcomponent.webwork.panel.MyTabPanelModuleDescriptorImpl"/>

===================================
public class MyTabPanelModuleDescriptorImpl extends AbstractTabPanelModuleDescriptor<MyTabPanel> implements MyTabPanelModuleDescriptor
{
	// contents
}

===============================

public interface MyTabPanelModuleDescriptor extends TabPanelModuleDescriptor<MyTabPanel>
{

}

=======================

import com.atlassian.jira.plugin.browsepanel.TabPanel;

public interface MyTabPanel extends TabPanel<MyTabPanelModuleDescriptor, BrowseMyContext>
{
}
=====================

Thanks

Abe

0 votes
Daniel Wester August 31, 2013
Can you post the code from the atlassian-plugin.xml that has the tab declaration in it?

Suggest an answer